LiDeBoi`

: : flower-fruit-mountain : :

Friday, September 14, 2007

Making the Latter Decision

Nine months. From purchase of RC kite, learning squash, driving lessons, driving theory test, nus pre-university course, nus admission, AHM run and new colleague in the department, there re many significants events that had happened.

Of which, is about my future. I am very concern but lost in direction about my career. I have not decided whether shall I stay in this organisation for good. Or whether shall I leave the organisation at the 10 years to see the competitive world out there... However regardless which path I have choose, I had intended to upgrade. I had enrolled in the January intake in NUS BTECH in Mechanical Engg. Upon graduating from my studies, I will also complete my 10 years bond with the organisation.

And the question on whether to stay for good depends on severals factors and the situation that I am in at the time of continuing the contract, if I am offered. Will I want to seek freedom? Do I mind the 3-4k fixed salary per month? And if I have decided to stay for good, I must be able to forgo the prospects as there are already many seniors accompanying the heavenly positions at shore.

Maiden Voyage - Delayed BTECH by One Semester

Sailing on the maiden voyage to france is indeed a very tempting journey. However, there are not many people who wishes to go for this voyage, mainly because of the 3 to 4 months long deployment over the few miserable ports.

Back in 2004/05, I was tempted and eager to be posted to sail round the world to widen my views.

Today, despite my replacement is here, and the ship can still afford to let the department sail with four. I am struggling with my decisions to delay my studies by one sememster. And the price to pay is of course, the administrative fees for one sememster of about $250, and that I will not be able to go ashore in next 3 years. In other words, I may have to do my studies while I am onboard the ship.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... maybe you really shouldn't ask someone like me. I don't have much experience in working and i am bias. Hmm.. from what i think serving the nation is definitely a prestigious job lah but it very much depend on yourself. If you are willing to take the risk and try your luck the competitive world outside then maybe you should, if you think you have the motivation and and the will to do so. If not the stable income of 3 to 4K is enticing as well it might not be as much as you might get if you try your luck outside. But i mean if you lead a normal life and you are someone who doesn't ask for alot then i think its sufficient right? Ultimately it depends on you

You have to understand that coming out to work at 27 is not too late but its already a step behind your peers which means you are actually starting all over again, but with determination nothing can stand in your way

Here's what i have to say lah. Take your time to consider. That s why you have to mentally prepare yourself to work so much more and give up on certain hobbies if you are to work outside mainly because you need to cover as much. Just consider and be practical.

Prepare yourself for the decision you make and don't look back no matter what just keep yourself going

Weile

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You already know the answer. Just follow your heart`

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U now consider trouble mah

See wat u want in life. Sometime it not that hard.. it is now dunno what u want. Told u liao... u working for navy now..Not navy working for u la.. u got to do what the pay master ask u to.

Life is unfair plus cruel.. Dun think too much.. meanwhile u alr take up the coz then do what u have plan. Be happy not need plan too much. Stress cause illness... trust me

ONG L x

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home